NEWTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Recipient of the JUDGE FRANKLIN N. FLASCHNER ADULT AWARD, Newton MA
- Presented to an individual over twenty-five years of age that has exhibited the highest standards of excellence, dedication and accomplishment to benefit the young people of Newton.
President, Memorial Spaulding PTO, Newton, MA
President, Oak Hill Middle School PTO, Newton, MA
Member, Newton PTO Council, Newton, MA
- Four terms of partnering with Superintendent, Central staff, principals, teachers and a total parent body of 1,000+ families to improve our schools and collaboratively problem solve.
- Managed $250K budget and coordinated over 100 unique volunteers.
- Increased participation by 150%.
- Co-lead efforts to plan and raise funds for a new playground.
- Strengthened school communication and tripled family attendance at community events.
- Partnered with administration on major technology purchases.
Leader, Destination Imagination, Newton, MA
- Founded the Newton chapter of an award-winning global k-12 education program, centered around STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) and creative problem solving, now in 15 schools in Newton.
- Regional and Tournament Director for Region 8, which includes 10 cities and school districts in Metro-West Boston.
- Lead the programming for 350+ NPS students over a 6 year time span.
- Supported six Newton teams in winning 1st in State honors, representing MA at a global level.
NEWTON AND GREATER BOSTON COMMUNITY
President, Oak Hill Park Association, Newton, MA
- Coordinated community programming, organized volunteers and expanded two-way communications for a 600 home neighborhood.
- Partnered with Newton Nomadic Theater, Bike Newton and Newton at Home to initiate multiple new events.
Board Member, Temple Beth Avodah, Newton, MA
- Member of the Oversight and Caring Committee.
- Helped lead efforts for first time participation in Gay Pride Parade.
- Designed and ran a Caring System, delivering 50+ packages to members in need.
- Chaired the Welcome Team, recruiting and managing host families.
Family Resource Liaison, Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, Boston, MA
- Coordinated monthly seminars and support groups for local foster parents.
- Acted as mentor for new foster families ensuring foster children have adequate clothing, medical care and community support.
Member, Newton Democratic City Committee, Newton, MA
- Active in local and national democratic campaigns including advocacy work for social causes.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner, HirePerfect, Inc., Newton, MA
- Run a $500K biotech executive recruiting business including responsibility for finance and budget oversight, marketing, operations and strategic planning.
- Manage minority-owned business of 10 permanent and contract employees.
- Nurture local business relationships spanning over a decade and partner with HR and Executive professionals across the Greater Boston area.
Emerson College, Boston, MA
Master of Fine Arts, Writing Literature and Publishing
College of Wooster, Wooster, OH
Bachelor of Arts, English